Five Charts that show why our food is not ready for the climate crisis
Crops are already seeing losses from heat and drought. Can genetic diversity – a return to foods’ origins – help combat the climate challenges ahead?
Five key points:
- Once there were hundreds of different types of corn;
- Food production losses due to climate are already happening;
- Diets in different countries started out different. Now they overlap;
- Uniformity now rules – reducing resilience;
- Our favorite coffee is threatened by drought and hurricanes.
The race to save genetic diversity – all is not lost!