IOIA offers inspector accreditation for members in 3 categories:
Crops, Livestock, and Processing.
Applicants must meet minimum criteria in the following categories:
- Commitment to organics
- Work and life experience
- Inspection experience (at least 2 years and 10 inspections)
- Continuing education
Additional criteria are the requirement to submit a current resume and evaluation letters from all the certifiers for which they have worked, plus attending inspector training at least every 3 years. Once accredited, applicants may apply for renewal every 3 years, again meeting minimum criteria of ongoing inspector training, continuing education, a minimum amount of inspections in the category, and an updated resume. Accreditation is a voluntary program.
For a complete copy of the IOIA Accreditation Program, click here.
Find Accredited Inspectors in our Online Member Directory.
Accreditation Application Forms:
There are 2 rounds of accreditation each year. Deadlines to apply are March 1 and October 1.
Accreditation Fee Schedule:
- $60 for first time applicants in one category
- $10 for each additional category
- $30 for renewal applicants
Accredited members receive:
- A Certificate of Accreditation
- A laminated wallet-sized card which displays their accredited status
- Recognition of their status in the Member Directory and The Inspectors' Report newsletter
PAY Your Accreditation Fees here:
|RENEW - Please be sure to list which type of category you are renewing. If you are renewing in more than one category, select 'continue shopping' from your invoice page to add.||FIRST TIME APPLICANTS - Please be sure to list which type of category you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one category, select 'continue shopping' from your invoice page to add.|