IOIA offers the following information as a member service. No employment is implied or guaranteed by these postings. Information will be posted for a limited time.
New Mexico Dept of Ag. Inspector/Certifier (Organic Program)
Emergency Hire/Term Position
Please see the job announcement on the NMDA website for further details. https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/27242
MULTIPLE CERTIFICATION OFFICER JOB OPENINGS
Oregon Tilth is seeking five Certification Officers (CO) to join our Farm and Processing certification teams. Telecommute option is available for all positions.
Oregon Tilth is a fast growing non-profit that offers organic certification services both nationally and internationally. We are looking for two Farm Program CO’s and two Processing Program CO’s. Responsibilities of the Certification Officers include evaluating operations for compliance with the standard including assessing new applicants for certification, reviewing inspection reports from on-site operation visits, and mid-year changes to the certified operation. Responsibilities may also include some inspection work and travel to operations to verify compliance.
We are also seeking one dual program Certification Officer (Farm and Processing). The dual program CO will primarily perform on site inspections of organic operations in addition to other standards. This position will consist of regular travel and will be responsible for evaluating farm, livestock and handling operations. The position may also incorporate the following responsibilities: evaluating operations for compliance with the standard including assessing new applicants for certification, reviewing inspection reports from on-site operation visits, and mid-year changes to the certified operation. The person applying for this position must be based in the Midwest.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter by 5pm on February 10th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Oregon Tilth, 2525 SE 3rd Street, Corvallis, OR, 97330. Late applications will not be accepted. Be sure to identify the position desired in your cover letter.
Full Announcement: http://tilth.org/about/careers/
QCS seeking Organic Processing/Handling Certification Coordinator
Quality Certification Services (QCS) is seeking a full-time staff Organic Processing/Handling Certification Coordinator. This position is based out of the main QCS office located in Gainesville, FL.
To view the official job posting and full job description, please visit the QCS website, at http://www.qcsinfo.org/job-announcements/.
OEFFA is Hiring!
We're looking for three individuals to help us support the growing organic community in Ohio and beyond in 2017. If you or someone you know might be interested in joining our team, please take a look at the following opportunities:
Certification Program Administrative Assistant
OMRI is looking for a Product Review Coordinator
Product Review Coordinators are responsible for completing technical reviews and making recommendations on input materials for use in organic production. The Product Review Coordinator reports to a Review Program Technical Supervisor. Qualified candidates will have a background in a natural science related field, an understanding and familiarity with organic food systems and food and agriculture regulation, as well as strong organizational and team skills, and outstanding communication skills. The position is located in our office in Eugene, Oregon (Learn more about the City of Eugene.)
- Review inputs for OMRI Listing (60%)
- Review ingredients, production processes, marketing materials, lab reports, certifications, etc. for inputs (e.g. fertilizers, feed additives, pesticides) to determine compliance with established organic standards.
- Follow up with applicants to acquire any information needed to ensure a complete review.
- Prepare and present review findings, and make recommendations about whether specific products meet organic standards and should be listed by OMRI.
- Determine compliance based on findings presented by other team members.
- Record and manage data related to reviewed products in OMRI's Products Database.
- Monitor continued compliance of OMRI listed products by conducting ongoing compliance reviews and other technical reviews as needed.
- Provide customer service to OMRI Listed suppliers and applicants (10%)
- Provide clarification of complex technical information, and respond to questions from suppliers and applicants via phone and e-mail.
- Provide status notifications to applicants.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings (10%)
- In the context of technical team and review panel meetings, participate in discussions of products and processes, including discussing difficult or unique issues with products under review, advising on final decisions regarding products, and reviewing process improvement and consistency issues.
- Participate in technical, educational, and organization projects (10%)
- Represent the Review Program on organizational wide task-forces and project teams, as requested.
- Complete research or special projects such as technical reports or educational materials, as requested.
- Participate in process improvement and quality assurance efforts (5%)
- Write and update work instructions, checklists, and documentation related to the OMRI Review Program as requested.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of product reviews.
- Promote OMRI's work and assist with efforts to educate customers about organic inputs (5%)
- Prepare newsletter articles, FAQs, and other written materials about OMRI's work and the organics industry.
- Represent OMRI at tradeshows and organic industry events, including speaking on panels and at conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, physics, biology, geology or a related field. Agricultural focus preferred.
- Understanding and familiarity with organic food systems, food and agriculture regulation, or chemistry
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities, and ability to acquire new skills and adapt to change quickly
- Ability to work constructively as part of a dynamic team
- Proficiency in standard office software
- High level of attention to detail and ability to process complex information and instructions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, organize information, complete tasks in a timely fashion, and appropriately handle confidential business information
- 2-3 years of experience working a food processing, organic production, or other regulated industry preferred
- Public speaking skills and experience
- Familiarity with standardized procedures such as ISO 17065
- Project coordination and planning skills
- Full time position with competitive salary.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Opportunities for flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for training and course work
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and demonstrated commercial success
- Casual, fun work environment
Deadline Open until filled
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter as a PDF or Word document to email@example.com referencing Product Review Coordinator in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls, Please.
CCOF is currently hiring for two positions
PCO is currently hiring for two positions
Director of Marketing & Development: Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO) announces an opening for Director of Marketing and Development. This director will lead the Education and Outreach Team and oversee PCO’s resource development, education and outreach, marketing and public relations programs. The ideal candidate will have education and experience in the following areas: writing proposals and securing funding, conducting community education and outreach, and leading marketing initiatives.
We are looking for a well-organized and self-motivated person to join our team. This position is based in our Spring Mills, PA, office. Remote work locations will be considered.This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary: $55,000 - $65,000, depending on experience. Benefits: health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; Simple IRA, generous holiday, vacation and paid time off. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available on our website www.paorganic.org/jobs. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will have education and / or experience in accounting functions including, but not limited to: accounts payable/receivable, generating financial reports, performing journal entries, etc. We are looking for a well-organized and self-motivated person to join our team-oriented environment in Spring Mills, Pennsylvania. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000, depending on experience. Benefits: health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; Simple IRA, generous holiday, vacation and paid time off. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available on our website www.paorganic.org/jobs. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The organic industry is growing and WSDA Organic Program is hiring!
Organic Certification Reviewer and Inspector Positions
Washington State Depart. of Agriculture’s Organic Program is eager to fill several full-time certification roles. We are looking for individuals to fill both reviewer and inspector positions. Knowledge and expertise in at least one of the following scopes is required: crop production, livestock, handling, or input materials.
Reviewers provide technical assistance on organic standards and evaluate applications and inspection reports to determine compliance with the USDA Organic Regulations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. Positions are in Olympia, WA.
Field Inspectors work out of a home office and travel throughout an assigned territory to inspect farms and handlers. Inspectors make observations, conduct interviews, audit records, take samples, and write detailed reports regarding an operation’s compliance with organic standards; inspectors do not consult or make final certification decisions. Ideal candidates would be located in Seattle, Wenatchee, or surrounding areas.
For a full description of the position, salary/benefit package, and details on how to apply, contact WSDA Organic Program Manager at the number or email below. These opportunity are open until filled – contact us today!
WSDA Organic Program Manager
Direct: 360-902-2090 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Main: 360-902-1805 / email@example.com
Inspector position with Control Union Certifications
If you are interested in doing GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) or other inspections with CU, please reach out to Robert Demianew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FoodChain ID seeking Tech Evaluator
Click here for full information.
Accredited Certifiers Seek New Coordinator
In order to plan for this transition, the ACA Board has established a time frame for the recruitment and training process for a new Coordinator.
- Applications for the Coordinator position are due by August 1, 2016.
- The starting date for the successful candidate will be October 1. The new person will work in training, with the ACA Board and me until January, 2017.